WCMA is a place where the music industry gathers to celebrate, develop and support the best of western Canadian music. Western Canadian artists are developing sustainable careers here in western Canada where they can use the west as a home base for careers of national and international scope. The Western Canadian Music Awards will be viewed on a national basis as an integral component, not just of a western Canadian artist’s development but perhaps more importantly, of the music industry as a whole.
To stage an event in Western Canada that unites, promotes, develops and educates independent labels, artists and managers. The Western Canadian Music Alliance will further stimulate the public’s interest in and awareness of the live, original and independent music from Canada’s Prairie Provinces.
Western Canadian Music Alliance Inc. Organizational Goals
- To celebrate Western Canadian music and the achievements of artists, as well as honour the landmark achievements of artists from our vibrant past.
- To provide the opportunity for the music industry’s independent labels, managers and artists to develop business skills through attending round table discussion, hands-on workshops, panels, educational sessions and keynote speeches led by industry professionals.
- To provide new artists with a chance to perform before their peers and potential business partners.
- To encourage networking and a sense of community among members and to foster mentoring between inexperienced members and their more experienced counterparts.
- To foster and nurture a relationship with the youth of our region, providing them with information and resources on the music industry and encouraging them in their dreams.
- To help support the image of the independent music scene in Canada and present an event worthy of national and international media exposure.