The Final Countdown to BreakOut West is On!
With the event just over two weeks away, the full Conference and Festival schedules are now online for BreakOut West, happening in Victoria, BC from September 17-20, 2015. As western Canada's premiere music conference, festival and awards show, BreakOut West combines education and the business of music with incredible public shows, celebration of achievements, and fun for musicians and music lovers alike!
- Online delegate registration ends September 8th for the BreakOut West Conference, Festival and Western Canadian Music Awards! Go to www.breakoutwest.ca to purchase registration to the entire event or an awards show ticket, and encourage others to do the same via social media.
- BreakOut West delegate pass holders and wristband holders may access any Rifflandia or BreakOut West showcases, but those with a delegate pass get so much more; networking mixers, panel discussions, one on one sessions, touring and funding information, and more at www.breakoutwest.ca/conference. The full schedule of conference, festival and awards show events is available at www.breakoutwest.ca/master-event-schedule.
- After September 8th those wishing to purchase a delegate pass or Awards Show ticket may do so in person at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel, or purchase a festival wristband at selected BreakOut West and Rifflandia venues.
- Combined Rifflandia/BreakOut West Festival-only wristbands are also available for purchase at www.rifflandia.com.
- Over 125 talent buyers, label reps, managers, agents, music supervisors, social media and marketing gurus, music association reps, and funding experts will be there to guide artists through the maze that is the music industry, and create some musical magic and syncronicity in Victoria.
- Conference attendees can sign up now for selected sessions with limited space. First come, First served rules will apply for the following sessions between Thursday, September 17 and Sunday, September 20: Artist & Booker Pitch Session, One-on-One Mentoring Sessions, "Who's On Your Team?" Meet and Greet, Online/Social Media Critique Workshop, and the Music Supervisor Pitch Session. Sign up at www.breakoutwest.ca/conference under the schedule tab.
- The BreakOut West Festival adds a diversity to Victoria's annual Rifflandia Festival this year, mixing in western Canadian talent in rock, pop, hip hop et al, as well as hosting special showcases in jazz, country, classical and a children's showcase called MINI BreakOut West. At these showcases the Western Canadian Music Award for the 2015 category will be presented at the show! The showcase schedule is online at www.breakoutwest.ca/festival.
- The weekend of amazing music culminates in the Western Canadian Music Awards, at McPherson Playhouse in Victoria, Sunday, September 20 at 9:00pm, featuring Tanya Tagaq, The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer, Annette, Sarah MacDougall, Jesse Roper, The Wet Secrets, and 2015 Hall of Fame inductees NoMeansNo (unplugged).
Use hashtag #BOW2015 when tweeting about BreakOut West and join in the conversation! BreakOut West will be sharing the play-by-play of all the most exciting shows, panels and awards from the event!
Please contact Joelle May for press requests and more information.