BREAKOUT WEST FESTIVAL GUIDELINES
1. RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
All performing festival artists must be residents of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon or the Northwest Territories, for at least six months between January 1, 2016 and March 12, 2017.
• Groups: 50% of group members must meet residency requirements.
2. MUSIC INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
It is recommended nominees, and those submitting, be a member of a Western Canadian Music Industry Association but is not required. Upon acceptance, the MIA’s will be contacted to ensure current membership.
The Western Canadian Music Industry Associations include:
3. SUBMISSION FEES AND DEADLINES
• Submissions Open: 11:00 a.m. CST on Monday, January 16th, 2017.
• Submissions Close: Midnight CST on Monday, March 13th, 2017.
• Instructions for Submitting An Entry:
• Submission to the festival does not guarantee acceptance.
• Festival applicants must submit at least three professionally recorded songs for adjudication.
• There are no release date requirements for the submitted festival material.
• All submissions are accepted online only.
• Payment of the entry fee may only be made by credit card online.
• Online submissions must be completed by midnight CST on Monday, March 13, 2017.
• One submission must be completed for each category submitting to.
• Read all Guidelines and Category requirements to ensure qualification.
• Please complete submissions in full and accurately. Only submitted information is what jurors consider when adjudicating final completed submissions.
4. MUSICAL GENRE
The Western Canadian Music Alliance intends to be as inclusive as possible; therefore, we welcome submissions of all genres. However, if there are not enough qualified submissions for a specific genre category we cannot guarantee a genre specific festival/showcase event.