INDUSTRY AWARD GUIDELINES
The Western Canadian Music Alliance recognizes the achievements and contributions of the music industry professionals from across western Canada in the past year. The nominees will be judged based on their work completed in the given submission year; January 1, 2016 – March 13, 2017. Submissions can be for yourself or for someone else you feel deserves the recognition.
The nominee candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
The nominee must have lived and worked in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon or the Northwest Territories for at least six (6) consecutive months between January 1, 2016 and March 13, 2017.
- Groups: 50% of group members/company must meet residency requirements.
- Proof of residency may be required.
2. INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
It is recommended that nominees, and those submitting, be a member of a Western Canadian Music Industry Association but is not required. Upon acceptance, the MIA’s will be contacted to ensure current membership. The Western Canadian Music Industry Associations include:
3. NOMINATION FEES AND SUBMISSION DEADLINES
• Submissions Open: 11:00 a.m. CST on Monday, January 16th, 2016.
• Submissions Close: 11:00 p.m. CST on Monday, March 13th, 2017.
Instructions for Submitting An Entry:
• Submission to the festival does not guarantee acceptance.
• Applicants must submit at least three professionally recorded songs for adjudication.
• There are no release date requirements for the submitted festival material.
• Submissions are accepted online only.
• Payment of the entry fee may only be made by credit card online.
• Submissions must be completed by midnight CST on Monday, March 13, 2017.
• One submission must be completed for each category submitting to.
• Read all Festival Guidelines to ensure qualification.
• Please complete submissions in full and accurately. Only submitted information is what jurors consider when adjudicating final completed submissions.
4. NOMINATION AND VOTING PROCEDURES
Each submission will be considered for selection as one of the five final nominees in each category. The submissions will be screened upon completion to ensure that each submission is complete and meets all eligibility requirements. Any submissions that are incomplete or ineligible will be disqualified.
A panel of impartial jurors from across Canada will adjudicate all submissions and select the final five nominees in each category. The jury committee reserves the right to categorize a submission at their sole discretion.
If a category is over populated a super jury will be convene to review.
All Industry Awards categories will be voted 100% by professional jury. No WCMA Board or Staff member takes part in any adjudication and are required to be neutral without influence. WCMA reserves the right to select a juror who is not a resident of one of the five member regions if it is necessary to compile a strong, impartial jury that given year.