Posted On: Aug. 17, 2021
Deadline is 11:59 PM CT Seoptember 1, 2021
Future Echoes, Nordic Bridges and BreakOut West Present: The Nordic Spotlight at BreakOut West 2022
BreakOut West (BOW), along with partners Future Echoes and Nordic Bridges, are pleased to open showcase submissions for the first edition of the Nordic Spotlight collaboration initiative at BreakOut West 2022.
BreakOut West is the largest industry and artist development event in Western Canada, showcasing artists from across western Canada and beyond. The 19th edition of BreakOut West will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba from February 2-6, 2022 and the 20th edition following shortly after, September 29-October 2022. BreakOut West features a 3-night music discovery showcase festival, 3 day development conference, mentor meeting and International Buyer programs and multiple networking and business creation events. For more information on the event go to breakoutwest.ca.
Two export ready Nordic artists/groups will be selected for two showcase performances at each edition of BreakOut West 2022. Artists of ALL music genres are encouraged to submit via this submission form. The Western Canadian Music Alliance values diversity, equity and inclusion and welcomes and invites applicants from diverse backgrounds and equity seeking communities to apply. Deadline for submissions is Friday, September 3, 2021. The successful applicants will be notified by September 15, 2021.
Select artists must demonstrate they are export-ready and/or have exporting experience and the ability to maximize on this showcase opportunity.
As a showcasing performer, you and every performing band member will receive:
- BreakOut West Delegate Package for each artist (valued at $225). This package includes a festival wristband and a delegate pass to take part in the BreakOut West conference, which includes workshops, networking receptions, one-on-one meetings, and more,
- Early access to sign up for one-on-one meetings with industry mentors, ahead of non-showcasing delegates,
- Access to discounted accommodations at the Host Hotels during BreakOut West,
- Marketing tools to promote showcases including electronic show posters, social media promotions, and use of logos and branding upon request,
- Information and support from the ECMA team on how to make the most of your BreakOut West experience.
Showcasing artists may be eligible to apply for financial support through funding partners in their region. This may include support for travel, accommodation, per diems, marketing expenses, as well as artist/musician fees. Additional information about finding support opportunities will be sent following acceptance.
If you have any questions, please contact the BOW Programming Manager, Liam Prost at firstname.lastname@example.org.